'House of Cards' to continue without Kevin Spacey, reports say

Share

Indie Wire reported that the six season will end with focus exclusively on Robin Wright's character, Claire Underwood, according to Netflix's chief content officer Ted Sarandos. The season had already begun filming with Spacey in the lead. Each of the previous season have comprised 13 episodes.

Netflix suspended production of the show on October 31, after the first allegations of sexual misconduct against star Space surface.

Here's to Robin Wright getting even more screen time in the final year of House of Cards.

Netflix is resuming production of flagship show House of Cards for one final season.

More news: Iran Inaugurates Chabahar Port Expansion

Last week MRC producers had informed "House of Cards" cast and crew that the hiatus on season 6 would be extended through December 8 and that the crew will continue to be paid during the break. That hiatus has now been extended until the new year.

Netflix Chief Content Office Ted Sarandos told a conference Monday of the decision, Variety reported.

Netflix doesn't release viewing figures. "The question is, can you shake up the market enough for big event movies to be only on Netflix?" Reports at the time said that the writers were looking for a way to kill off Spacey's character and continue on with the show's final season without Frank Underwood.

Camera IconRobin Wright's Claire Underwood will be the show's focus after Kevin Spacey's exit. Since then, numerous allegations against the Oscar-winning actor have surfaced. As many fans had hoped, the second Underwood in the pair, Claire, will take the show spotlight, bringing it to the finale that may itself snowball into a spin-off series from the streaming company. However, production of that sixth season was left in question after additional accusations rolled in, and some fans anxious that Netflix would cancel the show without wrapping it up.

Share