Kevin Spacey's Scenes Are Being Totally Replaced In A Just-Finished Movie

Share

In a somewhat unprecedented move, Ridley Scott is set to reshoot scenes from his upcoming movie All The Money In The World, replacing actor Kevin Spacey with Christopher Plummer as John Paul Getty. The movie, a possible Oscar contender, was set for a December release, but the conundrum has been over what to do with Kevin Spacey's part in the movie.

People close to the production who were not authorized to speak publicly said Wednesday that Plummer is commencing reshoots immediately in the role of J. Paul Getty.

Hollywood director Ridley Scott's madman feats of efficiency have always been legend. Co-stars Mark Wahlberg and Michelle Williams are expected to participate.

It follows nine other allegations, ranging from inappropriate sexual conduct to assault and groping.

"All the Money in the World" relives the events surrounding the kidnapping of John Paul Getty's 16-year old grandson and the boy's mother's effort to convince the billionaire to pay the ransom, which he didn't.

Plummer "was reportedly Scott's first choice for the role of Getty, but the director was pressured into casting a bigger name", The Guardian reports.

More news: Texas church shooting: What we know about alleged gunman

It is a race against the clock, because to be eligible for Oscar contention, the film must hit theaters before the end of the year. Those circumstances were dramatically different than the decision that was made today on All The Money In The World.

Last week, Netflix confirmed that they will not be producing any new episodes of 'House Of Cards' featuring the actor.

The 58-year-old actor was recently faced with allegations of sexual assault from Heather Unrah, who in a press conference claimed Spacey grabbed her 18-year-old son's genitals inside a bar on Nantucket Island.

Spacey's former publicist said last week that the actor was "taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment".

Spacey's career has been battered in recent weeks following Star Trek actor Anthony Rapp's revelation that he was sexually harassed when he was 14.

Share