Former WCVB Boston Anchor Unruh Says Spacey Sexually Assaulted Her Son

Share

Spacey, he responded. "I feel so sad, and I hate that actor that ruined this guy's career", said Talese, referring to actor Anthony Rapp, who broke the scandal open by recounting how Spacey tried to have a sexual encounter with him when Rapp was just 14.

The claims against Spacey come against a backdrop of more widespread allegations of rape and molestation by powerful men in Hollywood and politics, with movie producer Harvey Weinstein having been accused by more than a dozen women of a range of disturbing encounters, including rape. The former PA recalled that when they were nearly on the set, Spacey placed his hands on the man's trousers without permission. "She had the presence of mind to see if my son was okay". I was a Kevin Spacey fan until he assaulted a loved one.

The Independent was unable to reach a spokesman for Mr Spacey, whose former public relations representative recently severed ties.

On the bystander's advice the teenager fled to his grandmother's home, where he and his sister called their mother. However, she said she spoke to the Nantucket Sheriff herself and the two had "a long conversation so that he knew about the incident".

More news: New Zealand beat India by 40 runs in 2nd T-20 global

The press conference came nearly a month after Unruh first tweeted that Spacey, 58, had assaulted a loved one of hers.

Ms Unruh said embarrassment and fear meant her son did not inform authorities at the time, but that he had filed a police report following the tide of allegations against Harvey Weinstein last month.

Former Boston television news anchor Heather Unruh holds back tears while speaking Wednesday, Nov. 8, 2017, in Boston, about the alleged sexual assault of her teenage son by actor Kevin Spacey in the summer of 2016 on Nantucket. Nothing could have prepared my son for how that sexual assault would make him feel as a man. The first allegation came to light after Star Trek: Discovery and Rent star Anthony Rapp, 46, claimed in an October 29 Buzzfeed News report that Spacey made inappropriate sexual advances toward him at a private party in New York City in 1986. Rapp said then-26-year-old Spacey was holding him down tightly, but he was able to get away and left the apartment. "It harmed him and it can not be undone". Netflix says the now filming sixth season will be the last.

He has been dismissed from Netflix's House of Cards as the show's production outfit, Media Rights Capital, investigates his behavior on the set of the show.

Share